Criteria for Travel
All Travelers on Special Journeys vacations must meet our Criteria for Travel.
Our Travelers Must:
- Be at least 19 years old
- Routinely sleep or rest through the night
- Have appropriate social skills and be considerate of others on their vacation
- Be able to travel in a small group setting within our 4:1 Traveler-to-Travel Companion ratio.
Our Travelers Must Not:
- Be medically or behaviorally inappropriate either for vacationing in general or for the specific vacation they are attending.
- Engage in uncontrolled screaming or shouting that cannot be redirected within four prompts so that it does not significantly disrupt the other travelers’ vacation.
- Be violent to themselves or others or have aggressive or self‐abusive behaviors that would be disruptive to others on the vacation.
- Have inappropriate sexual behaviors or issues.
- Have legal obligations or issues that are not disclosed to Special Journeys.
- Have issues with wandering that are not fully described in the Traveler Details. Travelers who may wander from the hotel must bring a 1:1 Travel Companion. There is an additional fee required for the 1:1 caregiver.
- Have food allergies that affect them when they touch – or are in close proximity to – the food.