Special Journeys provides chaperoned vacations for individuals who need assistance traveling. Our goal is to provide fun, well-planned and reasonably priced vacations that are staffed with experienced volunteers and tour leaders. We are a local company exclusively serving those states where we can physically pickup and drop-off our travelers (Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska and South Dakota).
Our travelers are individuals with developmental or physical disabilities and other individuals with special travel needs. Most travelers are individuals with mild to moderate developmental disabilities. Travelers must exhibit good social behavior, have no major medical concerns that would interfere with traveling, be at least 18 years old (unless prior arrangements are made) and display appropriate behavior toward property, themselves and others.
Your Guaranteed Cost Tripô means there are absolutely no hidden costs - your trip includes everything necessary to have a great time including:
- all meals (breakfast at hotel, lunch and dinner both at a restaurant),
- lodging (in your own, regular bed),
- all transportation including local pickup and drop off in your city,
- airfare with one checked bag weighing under 50 pounds (for flight trips) for flight trips
- all entertainment, attractions and activities,
- an experienced tour leader and experienced staff care in 1:3 and 1:4 small groups.
- 1:1 staffing is available at an additional cost.
- Travelers only need to bring souvenir and snack money.
Best of all your Special Journey adventure includes the opportunity to have tons of fun, see exciting new places and meet new friends!
New Photo DVDs - All travelers will receive a photo DVD that shows a slideshow of the trip's photos in your DVD player/TV and can also be used to print any trip photos!