Christmas trip in Branson
Tuesday, December 6 - Saturday, December 10, 2022
Walking levelLight / Moderate
Sail into the Holidays!
Join Special Journeys as we travel Branson, Missouri for a
wonderful holiday themed trip! There is nothing like spending time in Branson to get you in the holiday spirit!
We will begin our trip this year by hopping aboard the beautiful Branson Belle. This classic showboat is themed after the majestic boats of the 1800s, the Belle has the classic red water wheels on the back that help propel her along the water as we sit back and watch a dazzling show on Table Rock Lake. The Branson Belle travels at a whopping 6 miles per hour while we enjoy a delicious meal. After the extended intermission, which we’ll use to take in the beauty of the lake and its surroundings, we’ll then watch a talented group of singers, dancers and entertainers perform music from the 60s to today.
The next day get ready for a breathtaking musical journey to Ireland! At the King’s Castle Theatre, we’ll watch Dublin’s Irish Tenors and the Celtic Ladies perform in a fusion of song and dance. In this heart pounding ensemble, we will take in the wonderful harmonies of talented singers that cover Irish Classics and Christmas favorites like, Christmas in Killarney, O’Holy Night, What Child is This, Ave Maria and more.
Later that afternoon we will head to the Shepherd of the Hills Theatre for the Shepherd’s Christmas Carol. During the show, we will enjoy a full course turkey dinner with a pumpkin dessert (yum!) and watch as the Shepherd of the Hills characters present their version of the Christmas Carol.
For the final show of this Branson Christmas tour, we will take you to see the Sanders Family Christmas at the Little Opry Theatre. This musical theatre production brings us along for a ride with the lighthearted and loveable Smoke on the Mountain family, the Sanders, as they travel back to a small town in North Carolina’s Mount Pleasant Baptist Church where they bid a sad farewell to their only son. The show is set just after the Great Depression and when World War II begins, their son has become a Marine and will be shipping out. To wish him well the faithful congregation, which includes you!, the Sanders family performs an annual Christmas celebration for their beloved church. We’ll watch at the put on a wonderful show, complete with inspirational hymns and uplifting Christmas carols. It’s the perfect way to end our holiday tour in Branson. It’s the perfect way to end our holiday tour in Branson!
In between all of the fun shows and Christmas caroling, we’ll take time to enjoy some of the areas shops so you have the opportunity to get a souvenir, or two, and maybe a last minute gift, before heading back home.
Your Guaranteed Cost Trip: & Full Fare Price Disclosure
- Your Guaranteed Cost Trip: means there are absolutely no hidden costs – everything is included: all meals (breakfast at hotel, lunch and dinner both at a restaurant), lodging in your own, regular bed, and all transportation including local pickup and drop off in your city, all attractions, entertainment and activities, an experienced tour leader and experienced staff care in 1:3 and 1:4 small groups. Travelers only need to bring souvenir and snack money.
- All prices shown are round trip prices and include all mandatory taxes and fees. Note: Soda cards on Royal Caribbean cruises are at your own expense (to keep the trip price fair for everyone).
- Vendor & fuel price increases between the time of the traveler’s initial deposit and the due date for final payment are covered by Special Journeys you never pay extra for Your Guaranteed Cost Trip.
- Travelers that need to travel with a dedicated 1:1 staff require an additional, reduced price fare to cover the costs for that staff.
- All trips with a domestic flight component cover one 50 pound checked bag. See the trip description for 10+ day trips as 2 bags are usually covered then. The cost for additional or overweight bags will be shown on your trip itinerary. There is no fee for carry-on bags but they are limited in size to the then current airline standards.
- Medical equipment does not count as luggage but you must notify us in advance so we have room to transport this equipment!
- Some trips require a passport (see trip description). We recommend getting the passport book, not the passport card. It can take 2 to 3 months to receive a passport so apply as early as possible. They are good for 10 years!
- We offer interest-free payment plans that allow you to finish paying for up to half of the trip cost after you return.
- You can send in money (pre-pay) for a trip to be selected later.