Our Typical Traveler
Examples of some of the daily help Special Journeys provides includes:
- General supervision and guidance
- Assisting with meals
- Help with shopping, picking out souvenirs, and managing spending money
- Addressing Personal Cares at the hotel
- Dispensing medications
A large majority of our Travelers are repeat travelers who’ve taken prior vacations with Special Journeys and are familiar with how we do things. This makes our trips an even more rewarding experience for First Time Travelers since they’re surrounded with both staff and fellow Travelers who are eager to make new friends, and who understand how to make newcomers feel comfortable and welcome.
In order to ensure that every Special Journeys vacation runs as smoothly as possible for the entire group, we have a few minimum requirements each Travel must meet.
Our Travelers Must:
- Be at least 19 years old
- Routinely sleep or rest through the night
- Have appropriate social skills and be considerate of others on their vacation
- Be able to travel in a small group setting within our 4:1 Traveler-to-Travel Companion ratio.
- Be medically or behaviorally inappropriate – either for vacationing in general, or for the specific vacation they are attending
- Engage in uncontrolled screaming or shouting that cannot be redirected within 4 prompts
- Be violent to themselves or others, or have aggressive or self-abusive behaviors
- Have inappropriate sexual behaviors or issues
- Have legal obligations or issues that are not disclosed to Special Journeys
- Have issues with wandering that are not fully described in the Traveler Details. Travelers who may wander from the hotel must bring a 1:1 Travel Companion.
- Have food allergies that affect them when they are in close proximity to, or touch the food